SiteGround Review – SiteGround is rising itself in the hosting market by providing a good quality of performance and service.
In our previous article, we ranked SiteGround at number 2, because they are most affordable after Bluehost, provide 99.99% uptime with high-speed servers and finally having 24/7 hours dedicated support.
- Best Performance
- Great speed
- Higher uptime
- Free CDN
- Free SSL
- 24/7 support
- No Free Domain
- Can’t go form more than 12months contract
However are they deserve as your hosting provider? I mean if we plan to choose them then, are they value for money.
I have been using SiteGround for 12 months now and here I will share the experience with them. In-order You won’t get confused in making any decision.
By the way, In my opinion, I will advise you to go blindly with SiteGround hosting. You don’t need to take doubt about their quality and technology. They are the perfect choice as your hosting provider.
Still not satisfied with my answer? Go ahead and read the in-depth site ground review.
A little About SiteGround
SiteGround is emerging web hosting company founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In most recent data, they are claiming that, they have more than 2,000,000 domains are using their hosting worldwide.
SiteGround provides all types of hosting solutions including shared hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated servers. They are serving web hosting services for WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, and WooCommerce websites.
Hosting providers like Bluehost, Hostgator are owned by Endurance International Group. But SiteGround is an independent web-hosting company which makes them special.
Let’s do a complete analysis and understand why SG is so good.
Read also – best WordPress hosting
SiteGround Hosting Review Features & Technology
Let’s breakdown features provide by SiteGround and know what technologies they used to provide excellent service?
1. Best Performing Servers
Hosting or server is nothing but a system that is running for 24 hours and on which the data of any website can be stored online.
Memory is required to store any data digitally. HDD and SSD disks are two types of memory used to store data in server and computer systems.
HDD is cheaper and has more storage space. On the other hand, SSD is costly in price and has less storage space as compared to HDD. However, SSD disks are faster, more durable, lighter, and use less energy. Due to this SSDs are provide the best performance.
Here is the key point where not all but some web-hosting providers do not use HDD on their server but SiteGround comes with SSD steadfast storage which makes them value for money.
Not only this, but they also use Google Cloud high performing platform with its ultra-fast network along with SSDs. That’s why it consumed less energy, uses a 100% match component and provides the best performance.
As an internet user and Google bot – no one likes slow loading webpages. It has proved by surveys that slow-loading websites do not perform well in the term search engine ranking. Also, visitors hate buffering which could lose a lot of revenue and visitors.
One of the Google surveys reported that about 53% of people exit the page which takes more than 3 seconds to load. So if you choose a hosting that is very slow in terms of speed, then in future your business or website will fail. That is why do not take risks and choose SiteGround hosting. Why? Because SiteGround hosting is extremely fast.
Here is my performance report. 😘
They are fast: it is not just a statement; the technology used made them faster.
- SSD Drives – As I just explained in the above paragraph that SSD drives are faster in performing a task which ultimately speeds up website speed.
- Latest PHP Version – Do you know? WordPress is fully coded with PHP and MySql. Still now, many PHP versions released but remember that the newest is always performing better than the previous one. Because the newest one comes with fixed bugs. Here’s the problem many hosting providers still using PHP 5.6 but SiteGround provides free SG optimizer plugin. With the help of that, you can choose among PHP 7.4, 7.3, …, and 5.6.
- CDN – It stands for a content delivery network. A CDN makes copies of a website’s file and stores it into all over the world. This helps to deliver a webpage to people who are far away from our base server. Which ultimately provides speed to any user from any corner of the world. Therefore SiteGround offers free CDN(Cloudflare) to their user to make their website faster.
- Nginx – Another speed factor! To setup server configuration we need software and there are two popular technologies, that is Apache and Nginx. Apache is a very old one but Nginx is new in the market which is specially designed for speed. Nginx much faster than Apache. Being an SG customer you will get the Nginx web server that accelerates site loading time.
- SG optimizer plugin – Caching is important to load balance on the server and serve webpages fast to clients. That’s why SiteGround developed a great in-build technology i.e SG optimizer plugin for powerful caching, image optimizations and PHP version control.
3. Claims 99.99% Uptime
To keep visitors happy and make a website working around a clock uptime is very important. In this term, SiteGround claims 99.99% of uptime. In my past year’s experience, I never experienced that my site went down. Which means I got 100% uptime (check screenshot below).
They are good at uptime because SiteGround hosting works on isolation technology. This technology keeps all server configurations separately. This means every hosted domain on the server is virtually alone in the same container but in a different manner. It means if one website gets hacked or infected will not impact other websites.
Here check my website most recent uptime report with the response time.
4. 24/7 Dedicated Support
A lot of beginners do the same mistake. Yaa! they ignore support quality and then get regret themselves. Not only this but many people lose their site and hard work. Because, as a human everyone does a lot of mistakes in their life. So here the chances when you start a blog or WordPress website you might create an issue. So what next? let all the hard work go to waste? Nope! no one wants to face this issue.
If you know WordPress and coding at an experienced level. Then you will easily fix the problem. But what if you don’t know ABCD of coding? Here’s the job of support staff.
Whatever hosting provider you are going to choose should be capable to fix your WordPress and Hosting related queries. In my opinion, no one on the planet will response quickly like SiteGround. That’s why they are not just 24/7 but award-winning and dedicated support staff.
5. Free SSL
Https enabled website is on the google ranking factor. On the other hand, security is important to secure the website and visitor’s data. That’s why SiteGround provides Free let’s encrypt SSL certificate.
Being a business or website owner, it is your priority to keep user’s data safe from hackers. This can be done by SSL. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) will encrypt all the information sent between users and servers. SSL enabled domain’s all URL will open through HTTPS:// protocol instead of HTTP://.
If you plan to purchase SSL separately it will cost around $10 – $15 yearly. But SiteGround will provide it free of cost.
6. Free Daily Backup
What if the website gets hacked or crash due to heavy traffic. Simply you lose all your website data. Hence SiteGround all plan comes with free daily backup even in shared hosting plans.
Other companies generally do not provide backup but SiteGround does this for you on a daily basis. In order, you will focus only on the admin panel and no worry about backing up files.
Moreover, on Growbig and GoGeek plans, you will get on-demand backup copies of your website.
7. Offer 30-day money-back guarantee
What else do you need? I think its enough to prove their quality and you don’t need to read SiteGround review anymore. I mean they are best at speed, uptime, support and even provide many free services, still providing a 30-day money-back guarantee. This because they have confidence that once you sign for SiteGround, you won’t leave.
If you are not satisfied with their service and support, this feature allows you to get back all money of yours.
SiteGround Pros & Cons
Everything in the world has two sides opposite to each other like head and tail, god and evil, day and night, truth and lie, etc. Similarly, SiteGround has also some pros and cons. I think without knowing the pros & cons of the hosting provider, our SiteGround hosting review will be half-cooked food. And half-cooked food is not good for health. That’s why don’t be lazy and let’s understand the advantages and disadvantages of SiteGround.
- Excellent speed
- Higher uptime
- Award-winning 24/7 hours uptime
- All SSD disks
- Free CDN
- Free SSL
- Daily Backup
- Free email
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- Latest PHP version
- Super caching SG optimizer plugin
- No free domain
- No long term contract – You won’t able to pay for 12 months or more.
- … And nothing else.
SiteGround Plans & Pricing Review
let’s compare their plans with their price quickly. SiteGround has three plans – StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek.
- StartUp – The StartUp plan will cost $3.95/mo. This plan comes with 10 GB SSD space which can handle 10,000 visitors per month. You can host one website on this package. It is absolutely good deal for a newbie or brand new website. It also comes with free CDN, free SSL, free email and daily backup.
- GrowBig – The GrowBig plan will cost $5.95/mo. This plan is for them who need extra features like dynamic cache and on-demand backup. It can handle 25,000 visitors per month and have 20 GB SSD storage. You can host multiple websites on this package. And, of course, you will also get all the free stuff.
- GoGeek – The GoGeek plan will cost $11.95/mo. Need more space, extra features and want to host unlimited websites then this plan is for you. In the GoGeek plan, you will get 30 GB SSD webspace along with free SSL, daily backup, free CDN, and free email.
For more information visit the SiteGround website.
Our Recommendation: Should you pick SiteGround Hosting?
Don’t take doubt now! they really provide solid performance, speed, and higher uptime as they claim.
On another hand, they offer many features which others do not! at reasonable pricing. And I am sure you will never feel sad about your decision. Instead of that, you will proudly say “my website is hosted on SG“.
Go with longer-term as possible it will save money. Otherwise, you will be heated by high renewal fees.